Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Scott's work on the cover of my novel is fucking cool. Clean lines, pixel fonts, and a minimal color palette make for a good cover. Aside from buying a couple old Blue Oyster Cult albums and a cheap hardback copy of The Cantos by Ezra Pound and drinking beer, that cover was the highlight of my weekend. I didn't do a whole hell of a lot, really, which was exactly what I wanted.

Voivod's playing tomorrow, but I don't know if I can get into the show since it appears tickets have sold out. I'm gonna try going to Numbers after work and seeing if they've got door tickets. I hope so; for all I know, I won't get the chance to see 'em again. This is definitely my only chance to see Jason Newsted play bass for less than fifty bucks.

Speaking of Newsted, the cover of Metallica's new, and unbelievably poorly-titled, opus, looks like ass. First of all, what kind of album title is "St. Anger"? And why did they use Pushead to do the cover, only to have him draw a fuckin' fist that looks like something from an emo album? Weak.

No comments: