Monday, April 14, 2003

I like the fact that I don't really have to mention what time it is, since Blogger (I still stand by my anti-"blog" remarks) timestamps every post I make. Of course, this could also be a liability some day, but since nobody unsavory has come knocking on my door, it's cool.

I spent almost the whole day editing my novel, since Invisible College Press wants it to be a bit shorter. It looks like it's not gonna be too much shorter, but they've also said it's not that important. I'm really happy that they're being so cool about everything, and hope that any other publishers I might have in the future are so accomodating. Here's to ICP, and I ain't talking those miserable chumps known as the Insane Clown Posse. (As if clowns could be anything but insane.)

The barbeque went exceptionally well. Beer flowed like water, conversation was abundant, and I don't think I had to bow to consensus about the music at all over the course of the night. I even got a guarantee of a free Blue Oyster Cult tattoo during the course of the evening, courtesy of Christian at Scorpion Studio. My friend Danielle brought him up, and I discovered he was cool dude, BOC tattoo aside.

All in all, a good weekend. I bought Umberto Eco's newest novel, paid my taxes (like a chump), edited a lot, and, most importantly, spent time with my girlfriend, my brother, and everyone else that means a lot to me. Life is pretty damned good.

np: Agalloch, Pale Folklore

No comments: