Saturday, April 05, 2003

Almost midnight, though I'm sure I'll be awake for several more hours because I took a four-hour nap this evening and I'm pretty energized. I walked down to the park with Matt, Randy, Jay, and Andy a little while ago and spent some time on the swings, which I firmly believe are one of the greatest diversions mankind has ever created, and definitely one of the best playground devices a kid can have access to.

I already miss Sara, and she's been gone less than a day. Apparently she called when I was asleep, which sucks, but I'm sure I'll talk to her tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, daylight savings begins, which means the onset of long summer nights- always a good thing, even if "long summer nights" in Texas parlance means "sweltering, mosquito-infested evenings on the porch." I like the porch part, and the heat's even tolerable once eight or nine o'clock rolls around, but mosquitoes (or is that mosquitos?) are just plain shitty. Tomorrow's also Sunday, which is effectively my Saturday.

The light's just right, the music's hitting perfectly, and I can feel the future unfolding out there in the darkness, full of movement and flashes of smeared light and strangers meeting in expansive corners of the mental world. Times like these make me miss being a night owl.

Good night.


np: Ulver, Perdition City

No comments: