Tuesday, January 17, 2006

You think Baudelaire might wanna stop by?

I do believe I'm going to reprise my Judas Priest/writing/stimulated concentration experiment again in the near future, but with Blue Öyster Cult instead of Priest. It'll require a lot more dedication, since I own all but two of BÖC's albums, and I'll have to do it when I don't have to crawl out of bed too hastily the next day. The only other band who might work, based on extensive ownership of albums and overall repeatability, would be Iron Maiden, but I'll probably go with BÖC first. Alternately, I could go into full-blown trance mode and see what happens when I spark up the burl sense and listen to Sleep's Dopesmoker three or four times in a row. (Wait, I know what would happen: I'd get couch lock and nod off. Damn.)

Man, now I'm getting all kinds of weird ideas. I could play X Files DVDs with the sound off while I write and listen to Hypocrisy. Pig Destroyer's "Natasha" on headphones while typing away in the darkest hours of a summer night, shirtless and barefoot and sweating. Holy Mountain (the movie, not the Sleep album) projected onto a wall, Hoor-Paar-Kraat's metal/glass drones on the stereo, Sharpies and paper and magical texts. Whiskey and wine and women and tears of joy with Cerys Matthews singing in the background. Any and all of these things could be communal events, with the goal being the creation of something unique, the art of the moment.

I'll need to approach the Mann and Link about some of this. Shit, that reminds me, I gotta talk to Link about the KIY party. It must happen. We're Carcosa-bound sooner or later anyway.

1 comment:

chainlinkspiral said...

Sign me up. A sight seeing trip to Carcosa may be in order, may be good for the soul. Artistic madness as a medicine.

Regardless of a KIY party, or just a plain artistic excess debauchery communal creation night, it all sounds grand.