Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sprite and skyward melancholy.

The Day of the Apes was attended by just the right folks, although, as I suspected, we didn't make it past the third film, Escape from the Planet of the Apes. With the help of a massive supply of beer and junk food, an animatronic, remote-controlled ape head, and plenty of conversation, it was a most excellent experiment. It was also Linda's birthday, so when she and I went to the bookstore, I bought her a copy of Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I reckon she'll enjoy it.

Now I'm just tired and listening to Agalloch and Nest while drinking Sprite and debating whether to watch the X-Files or go to sleep. Tomorrow the plan is to have lunch at Cafe Montrose with Linda and Tracey, then hang out with Ashley later in the day/evening. Somewhere in there I need to sit down and write, but I'll worry about that later; right now I've got to make the aforementioned decison and not let the best of "She Painted Fire Across the Skyline" get the best of me.

Good night, world.

No comments: