Friday, January 06, 2006

And so the years commingle as the essences of lovers, and all, young and old, rejoice.

Is 2006 a new mark for me? Is this the year where I shed my cynicism, my doubt, my fear?

It feels like it.

But, most likely, it's not.

I'm merely a little older, know myself a little better, and have half-assedly consecrated my heart to the demigods of failure and good times. Almost-estranged brothers are they, which is why I exist to fill the fraternal gap.

I love so many of you so much that words only serve as a barrier to true expression. Scott. Pops. Mom. Bill. Amanda. Andy. Linda. Elspeth. Shari. Dave. Eric. Tam. Sean. Uncle Smitty. All of you, the lights of my life. Thank you, so very fucking much.

I can only hope I can return a fraction of the favor y'all have done for me.

No comments: