Sunday, January 15, 2006

Call for the PRIEST! (with periodic updates)

Having heard nothing from folks regarding potential nocturnal activities, I've decided to listen to every Judas Priest album I have and write until I've played all of them.

It's 11:33 PM right now, so with any luck, I'll have more than a few pages to show for my efforts when I pass the fuck out around four-thirty or five this morning.

Because none of you give a shit about the albums in question, here's a list. Happy Sunday night, kids: this is what you get for not inviting me out to socialize, and what I get for not caring.

LPs:
Hell Bent for Leather
Stained Class
British Steel
Screaming for Vengeance

CDs:
Painkiller
Angel of Retribution
Point of Entry
Defenders of the Faith

1:51 AM: I'm halfway through my Priest catalog, and the only song I've skipped and/or plan on skipping is "Lochness" (sic). I've got roughly four pages written, which ain't bad. The mental sharpness seems to be waning, but not sufficiently to put me off of my goal. In summary: ALL GUNS BLAZING!

2:36 AM: Still defending the faith.

3:14 AM: All that's left is Point of Entry and Stained Class. Distraction is setting in; to combat it, I think I may go the extra mile and add the couple of Rob Halford solo albums I have to the night's marathon playlist. We'll see.

4:05 AM: Almost there, but solo Halford albums ain't gonna join the lineup. I'm fucking tired, and the writing's slowed to a crawl. I should have cut away from the section I was working on and done something else, but it's too late for that. At this point, "Exciter" doesn't.

4:35 AM: A fairly successful and entertaining experiment comes to a close. I'm surprised at how few of my LPs skipped, how little dust collected on the turntable needle, and how decent what I wrote turned out (I think). I'm not surprised that I allowed myself to get periodically distracted by the internet, nor by the amount of writing I did (six pages and change, which is a bit less than I'd hoped for). But enough assessment for now- it's time to hit the sack.

Good job, self!

1 comment:

chainlinkspiral said...

sounds like a swell night. if i knew you weren't busy i would've given you a call to hang out.