Thursday, May 04, 2006

"We Made It" : April 2005 as "Here's How It Happened" : May 2006.

I doubt anyone remembers the Jesu-soundtracked short movie script about mass suicide I posted here about a little over a year ago (go through the April '05 archives if you're interested), but I spent the latter half of tonight's work night thinking about it. This time, however, as I played the movie out in my head- and started writing a short story based on the idea- all of the suicides were on-screen, albeit as tastefully done as blowing one's brains out or choking down fistfuls of pills can be, i.e. lots of pretty silhouettes, bright red blossoms of blood, und so weiter. The newest iteration of this scenario has a little backstory to it, and the Jesu song has changed from "Walk On Water" to "Friends Are Evil" (an amazing song, with an amazing title and amazing lyrics). Once I get a rought draft of the story written, I'll probably post it here. Ideally, I'd be able to film it one day, although I seriously doubt I could find the cast, crew, and equipment necessary to show an entire cityscape full of people offing themselves.

No, I'm not contemplating suicide. I read The Myth of Sisyphus years ago, and settled that basic existential dilemma back then. Sorry to let anyone down.

"And all the stones I've thrown
they come back twice as strong
And all the stones I've thrown
they tell me nothing lasts

And all stones you've thrown, they come from your highest throne
Pass them on to me below
they remind me nothing lasts"

No comments: