Friday, May 12, 2006

Waking up.

Dear Bill,

At long last, I've figured out what I'm going to do with my life.

I recently read that my heroine and crush of twelve years, Justine Frischmann, is apparently attending Naropa University over in Boulder, Colorado. Colorado is closer to Texas than England, so this is my chance to make my move, by which I mean possibly see Justine walking around campus and swoon. Perhaps she'll see me and rush over to help; perhaps she'll ignore my fainting spell; perhaps she'll laugh; perhaps she'll just sneer as beautifully as she did in the video for "Connection" and keep walking. Whatever the case, I may be able to die a happy man, though, honestly, I'd prefer just to pass out and get a mild concussion.

So, yeah, I'm going to give up all my other pursuits- writing, making All Right with Andy, learning Chinese, writing comics with you, etc.- so I can meet, and maybe even woo, Justine Frischmann. If I succeed, I will visit you wherever you may be with Justine in tow. If I fail, well, I suppose I'll have to continue my admiration of Ms. Frischmann from afar, with only my Elastica albums and a nasty lump on my skull to remind me of my brush with feminine awesomeness.

Yours,
Dave

2 comments:

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I say go for it! She can help us write lots of crappy comics. And if you can convince her to learn Chinese you'll be set. Just the thought of her speaking snotty Chinese is hot.
I just read about the fact that she's going to school in Colorado (at elasticated.org) on the same day you posted this. Coincidence or further indication that she needs a little more SC in her life? I choose the latter.
I visit elasticated.org every couple of months in hopes she'll make some more music. I found this page there.
http://shout.gnash.org/viewtopic.php?t=3589&sid=1
It may be of interest for any Elastica fans who'd like to hear something "new".