Friday, May 05, 2006

This is what paydays are for.

I budgeted all the necessities and outstanding fiduciary obligations out- food, phone bill, cash to England for the Live After Death LP, gas (a first in ages; Christ, I hate cars), credit card payments, booze/tobacco, savings, etc. etc., and still had money to buy rad shit from AK Press and Havoc Records. I even have some left over to fund All Right, which starts filming this weekend.

It may seem to the uninformed that I'm not doing anything with my life, but I don't know anyone else who's simultaneously writing a novel, proofing an 800-page book of Civil War history, working on a movie, and sketching out short story ideas, all the while trying to maintain a relatively newfound vegetarian diet and an exercise routine based on rifle drills, push-ups, stretching, and lots of walking.

Then again, I don't know anyone who just singed their fucking hair with a lit cigarette.

No comments: