Sunday, May 14, 2006

Attention, humans: you're not all disappointments.

I don't recall what I was looking for, but last night I ran across a trio of articles written by one person on Witches' Voice, a Wiccan website. I was impressed enough to take down the author's info and contact her this evening. We had a brief conversation, nothing heavy, but when she signed off I remained impressed.

It's so good to meet people, albeit online, that are well-spoken and thoughtful, especially if they're younger than I am. It's also good to know that some people, like my friend Cheyenne, are on the verge of giving birth to the next generation, and that they'll probably be good parents. I eagerly embrace any sign that up-and-coming humanity isn't setting its responsibilities, dreams, and hopes aside, which is why the last few hours have been such a comfort.

I'd also like to wish a happy birthday to my beloved friend Amanda. Had I not called her yesterday, I'd apologize for being late with my congratulations, but I'm not, so that's that.

Here's to all of you. Thank you for being good human beings, and, as Kinky Friedman says, "may the god of your choice bless you."

No comments: