Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Shit fire and save matches! Apparently I forgot that the literary agency that wanted to hear more about my work was the one I actually submitted a manuscript to. I got a standard "info received" email this evening after sending in the author intake form they wanted, and it mentioned going over my manuscript. "Hmm," sez I, "how are they going to review my manuscript when I... aw, fuck."

While this is a damned good start to the submission process, I'm terrified. Not so much because Critical Hits is a piece of shit, or because I'm afraid of rejection, but because whatever response I get will be a surprise. Had I remembered that this particular agency actually got my manuscript, I'd be prepared, but I'm not, and it's a creepy feeling. If the response is positive... fuckin' A.

No comments: