Thursday, November 25, 2004

Avril Lavigne's version of Metallica's otherwise tepid "Fuel" makes me think of X. She doesn't sound identical to Exene, and the riffs aren't exactly Billy Zoom material, but for some reason I draw the comparison. Now that I think about it, I'd like to hear how X would interpret the song, though it would never happen.

Ah, Madamoiselle Lavigne. The creation of the skewed demiurge that is the pop music industry, but nonetheless highly appealing. Enjoying her work has to be one of my few pleasant dips into the shallow pool of popular culture. And for those of you who may frown on said dip, fuck off: even my metal-lovin' cretin ass can fall for gorgeous young pop stars from time to time. I await the day that I can ply Madamoiselle Lavigne with Lone Star, ferrets, and metal, then make out with her. Yep, that would be sweet.

On an unrelated note, my speakers are incredibly shitty, but sometimes they do exactly what they should do, i.e. crank out a wall of almost completely undifferentiated sound. Shit, I'd almost be willing to say that this High On Fire song sounds strangely similar to the way it did the last time I saw them live.

Time for more intoxicants.

No comments: