Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I've puked up another tepid RPG.net column. Judging from some of the comments, I get the impression that at least one of the poor saps that reads the column likes Bush, but doesn't understand Hunter S. Thompson very much. Eh.

I'm playing the waiting game with a literary agency now, having sent back the stuff they requested about Critical Hits, and with Nuclear Blast Records, who really need to haul some ass and get the new Cathedral record out. I don't feel like waiting several months for it.

Last night, as I crawled into bed at 6 AM after falling asleep on the couch watching the X-Files, I had some really good ideas about my possible next novel, but I failed to write them down. Unsurprisingly, I can't remember them now.

I've discovered the pleasure that is watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, thanks to Jennifer. I foresee spending the next three months or so watching the entire run of the show, or possibly longer if I don't maintain my current viewing schedule. As hokey as certain elements of the first season have been, the show's really a lot better than I ever expected it to be, and I dare say I'm learning something from it. Not about vampires or the like, but from the basic narrative structure, which is something I've always had a poor grasp on.

I wish I had a camera so I could take a picture of the wasteland that is my desk.

2 comments:

chainlinkspiral said...

Ha ha! Now you need to make the full journey through the Whedon-verse, ending up in Firefly land. Yes.

The hooks are in you. Compelled you are to be pulled into the light. It's a fun show. Soapy, pulpy goodness.

Anonymous said...

you desk is always a wasteland so no reason to waste good film on it.
hehehe