Friday, November 19, 2004

I finally heard back from the literary agency that's showed some interest in Critical Hits lately.

They offered me a contract.

I'm not going to accept it.

They want money up front, and as much of a newbie as I am when it comes to the writing game, I know that such a request is bullshit. I meant to do some research on these people last week, but never got around to it. Minutes after getting their email, I googled them, and the only good remarks I found were made by the authors they represent. Other aspiring writers had nothing to offer but scathing rebukes and condemnations. Nowhere on their site is there a list of books they've sold to publishers.

I could go on with my list of complaints, but it's not worth the effort. I learned early on that any agent that wants money from you before they even sell your work is a fucking thief, and that's all I need to know.

Back to the drawing board.


No comments: