Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I'm currently installing Deus Ex, which I've heard a lot of good things about recently- foremost
among them that it caters to paranoid mentalities such as my own. My only complaint, and hopefully
the game will render this statement null and void (ha! an unwitting reference to my novel there), is that
it's first-person. I'm an old-school third-person gamer, hence my general aversion to computer games
for the past several years, excepting The Longest Journey, which I barely started, and Grim
Fandango
, one of the best, most atmospheric games ever made.

I've never felt the Internet to be a place to discuss anything but inane shit and momentary pseudo-
intellectual notions, which is why you'll never see any gristly (yes, gristly, think Pound's notion
of "paideuma") personal material here. Not that anyone wants to, of course.

No comments: