Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Electric Wizard, one of the best bands I've heard in the past two or three years, has
apparently broken up. I assume Jus Osborn, the guitarist/vocalist, wrote most of the
music, and I hope he doesn't give it up; songs like "Weird Tales," "...A Chosen Few,"
"Stone Magnet," and so on are phenomal experiences. Not just songs, but
experiences. Listen to "Weird Tales" after a few deep hits of good smoke, and you'll
know exactly what I mean- especially if you're into pulp fantasy and misanthropy.

Speaking of doomy, dense shit, Sleep's "Dopesmoker" (what most of us these days
know as "Jerusalem") is being re-released this month. Not content with 52 minutes
of Gnostic dirge, "Dopesmoker" will apparently be the original 65 minutes- ALL ONE
TRACK, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Work sucks more cock than San Francisco, as always. So does poverty.
At least I've got booze and tobacco to stave off hunger.

No comments: