Thursday, August 24, 2006

An unwell ferret.

As I suspected, something is indeed wrong with Tim Finnegan. I took him to the vet today and after a couple of hours learned that he hasn't been eating because he's got a bacterial infection and a gastrointestinal ulcer. He also shed a pretty good amount of fur while at the vet, due to being terribly freaked out by the shots, rectal temperature-taking, and forcible ingestion of medicine he had to endure.

Poor old man. As he ages, I expect things like this to become increasingly common, a thought that breaks my heart. A pleasant beast like Mr. Finnegan should be able to live out his last years in peace. That said, I'm not terribly worried, as Tim's gone through two prior bouts of illness/injuries and come out just fine.

Gah, I don't need any more hassle right now. Once it's 4 PM tomorrow, hopefully things will be evened out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Dave. I hope Tim gets well soon.