Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things I've been listening to lately.

Satanic Warmaster, Strength & Honour- Raw Finnish BM.
Amebix, Arise!- Crust classic. "Arise, fuckin' assholes, and rejoice."
Voivod, Katorz- Their latest and possibly last. R.I.P. Piggy.
Ulver, Teachings in Silence- Possibly their best record to write to.
Cathedral, The Garden of Unearthly Delights- Spurred by Codi's gift of a Cathedral t-shirt.
Om/Current 93, split 10" - Om's most succinct musical statement so far.
Usurper, Necronemesis- Straight-up metal is always welcome in my house. Imagine that.
Tiamat, Wildhoney- A welcome reminiscence.
Deströyer 666, Terror Abraxas- One of my favorite metal bands for the past couple years.
Agalloch, From Which of This Oak- Their oldest release in anticipation of their newest.
Velvet Cacoon, Dizzy From Eternity- from fake yet brilliant BM to dreampop: a thrilling enigma.
Kalas, Kalas- Riff-based melancholy behind the wheel, at least for me. Fronted by Matt Pike.
The Gathering, Home- An improvement over their last, but something's still missing.

I look forward to cooler weather and greyer skies.

No comments: