Friday, August 11, 2006

Obras futuras

I'm dying to get started on my next novel, but until I finish Unheimlich, I'm confining myself to making notes. Here are some elements/inspirations that will appear in the next book, unless I have another idea that demands precedence in writing.

Flannery O'Connor
Blue Öyster Cult, in every way
Pentacostalism
being the teenaged child of a Marine, c. 1980
marrying early with disastrous results
music journalism
The South
professional disgrace
alcoholism
James Joyce
Biblical apocrypha interpreted under the influence of drugs
heavy metal c. 1978

I can't wait!

In other news, I've started adding photos to my flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecorpse/), courtesy of Tracey (who gave me the camera) and Dave (who gave me the cable). Thanks, y'all!

No comments: