Thursday, March 23, 2006

The coughing of angels sounds like the hum of air conditioners.

Dave left for New Mexico yesterday with his dame Julie, and won't be back until sometime Sunday, so I've got the place to myself until I make my own brief journey to East Texas on Saturday. I fucked up my new routine last night by watching Lost until seven in the morning, but made up for it by managing to do everything I needed to do, and then some, this afternoon (when I woke up almost two hours later than I wanted to, but fuck it- results are results).

I got paid today, and I've calculated that I can pay off my credit card (when I did so online, I found that my credit limit had been doubled; this is information of a most dangerous nature), pour some dough into savings, pay the electricity bill and rent, and still have money for moderate beer/tobacco intake, a showing of V for Vendetta on Friday, a few boxes of 7.62 mm ammunition, and a few other diversions until I receive my next paycheck. Out of that will come gifts for Matt and Holly, whose wedding I will be attending, as a groomsman, on the eighth of April, most likely sans date.

So, yeah, things are running smoothly for the time being. Writing has been accompanied by the music of Godflesh and Jesu, both of which are the work of the unceasingly impressive Justin Broadrick and suit the current mood of Unheimlich and yours truly to a T. My mind is clouded by months-old spectres less and less. And, to top it off, I suspect I will be receiving a gift in the mail soon from Rad Friend 2006 #1, but only time will tell.

Good night, y'all.

No comments: