Friday, April 01, 2005

Danke schön, Herr Irischer-Amerikaner Miliff, for having turned me on to Rammstein's kick-ass videos over the past couple weeks. Danke motherfuckin' schön.

Rammstein is not a "metal" band that I would usually pay much attention to, but having watched their videos, and enjoyed some of their singles, over the years, I've decided
that, in my world, they are "casual metal," i.e. metal that I can listen to in the presence of non-metalheads without offending them. Don't take this as any sort of weakness on Rammstein's part, but rather a comment on the poor taste of people who don't enjoy metal and can only handle something as relatively standard as Rammstein.



That said, their fucking videos are easily some of the best I've ever seen, and Gott im Himmel, the video for "Sonne" makes me want to do drugs and have sex with Snow White, and the "Keine Lust" video almost- almost- makes me wish I was fat, so I could disinterestedly watch hot dames make out in my limo while I smoked a cigar.



I would trade all the cheap thrills to see Elspeth this weekend. Alas, motherfuckin' alas... she is outta town.

P.S. I have utterly failed to do much writing this morning, but I have finished a book and the second volume of Strangehaven, which may very well be my favorite comic these days.

Tschüss, kameraden.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoy Rammstein a lot. I can agree they are a relatively "casual" metal band...but their Teutonic charisma and antics take them to the outer edge of mainstream. I say that knowing they are the most successful German language act in the world.

Oh well.

The video for Amerika is also wunderbar, Herr Smith.