Sunday, April 17, 2005

I get nostalgic a lot. Tonight's particular case of nostalgia was spurred on by listening to American Pyscho by the Misfits, which, no matter what any cuntrag purist may say, is a fucking good record. Anyway, it makes me think back to the summer of 1997, when I was fresh out of high school, had just returned from a solo trip to Britain, and my family had moved back to Spring. Both my brother and I had this album (I on tape, he on CD), and I recall many a day spent listening to it, along with an Against All Authority/Operation Ivy tape Bill had given me and maybe some other albums that I can't recall and probably never will. It was a fantastic summer, man: I was back in a neighborhood I knew, I got to see old friends like Andy (in Louisiana) and Brad (still only a few blocks away) for a few weeks, had my first internet connection at home, and was about to head to Mary Washington College, where I would meet some of the finest people of my life. Add some MonsterVision to the equation, and life was good.

It's about potential. There was so much back then. There's plenty these days, but it's not the same. I miss not having responsibilities.

"We're living on this island Earth!"

No comments: