Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It'll only last until I run out, but man, I do a whole lot better at maintaining mental clarity when I drink whiskey instead of beer. The real experiment is this, though: which kind of whiskey is best? Bourbon, Irish, Canadian, or Scotch are my options, though my buying habits dictate that I choose the first three. While I know of some cheap brands of scotch (aside: I suppose that the worldwide popularity of Scotch whisky [no e, boo!] is why the S has become lower case instead of upper, but I still loathe spelling it without a capital S), I rarely buy Scotch in the first place. I don't drink cheap Irish or Canadian, since I've got favorite brands of each- Powers and Canadian Club, respectively- and when it comes to bourbon, I'm a Jim Beam man, hence the relative exclusion of Scotch from my experiment.

So there it is. I'm tempted to use some of tomorrow's paycheck at Spec's, buying bottles of Powers, Canadian Club, and Jim Beam, and then studying their various effects while abstaining from my usual levels of beer consumption. Even if I buy the whiskey, it ain't gonna happen, because one needs change.

I'm never gonna cut back my drinking if I keep thinking like this. The only justifications I have are my reluctance to mix booze with tooth-rotting soda, and that one day I'll ended up in Europe, where even the lightweights make me look like a pussy.

Ah, fuck it. To quote Chamillionaire, "we fin' to po' up another cold cup."

No comments: