Friday, October 29, 2004

All right, folks. I'm taking the time to type out the lyrics to a song here, so do me a favor and listen to it. If need be, you can drop by my place and hear it; otherwise, buy the album. It's money well spent.

I like to think of the subject of this song as "Dave's conspiracy theory girlfriend." Naturally, I have no such girlfriend, but a man can dream, can't he?

The Hidden Hand
"Coffin Lily"
from Mother Teacher Destroyer, Southern Lord Records, 2004.

In the pale blue light she thrives.
Velvet curtains no light shines.
High speed connection keeps her alive.
She's an adept of the night.

Hey Hey what she sees. A premonition
of the conspiracy. Hey Hey what
she knows. 33 degres at
bohemian grove.

Her daddy's from a Martian sea.
Mommy's Sycambrian. Her lord's a
Nibiru king. All things Merovingian.

Hey Hey what she sees. Her burning
heart is wrapped in tragedy. Hey Hey
the path she takes. A solar barge
out to China lake.


No comments: