Sunday, October 10, 2004

Holy shit. I was driving my friend back to the Heights about twenty minutes ago when I noticed an unusual light emenating from left. I look over, and the dome light of my car is on. It hasn't worked since I got the Blue Bastard in February. I have no idea why it started working, but it did, and wouldn't turn off, so I ended up pulling the bulb out to kill the light.

Less than a minute later, I heard music. After briefly thinking that it was coming from a church (despite there being no churches nearby) or an adjacent car, I look down and see that my FUCKING CD PLAYER IS WORKING. Like the dome light, it's never worked since I purchased the car, so I was utterly shocked. I hope it works tomorrow, and every day thereafter. Music will make driving exponentially more pleasant.

I assume there's been some sort of short in the electrical system of the Blue Bastard, but why did those two things start working now of all times? The weather? The dampness? The presence of a certain redhead? I'll probably never know, and with my luck the CD player will never function again, but I'll rejoice in tonight's little marvel while I can.

1 comment:

chainlinkspiral said...

Hmm. Perhaps it brings new meaning to the term 'spark plug'. And to think we just had a conversation about lack of music in vehicles.

I saw a movie Saturday, and all I got running through my head is.. "America! Fuck Yeah!"

That, and the extended riff on assholes, pussies and dicks.