Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hot damn. Martin Popoff finally published his book about Blue Oyster Cult's albums and everything surrounding them, and Darkthrone's new album has reached American shores at long last, so once I get paid next week (or, more likely, later this morning, after a few beers and the ache of impatience), I'll be getting my veiny hands on both.

For those of you that are voting this year- I'm not, and not exclusively because I find the entire system to be a sham, but because I moved at the wrong time and couldn't register even if I'd really wanted to- be prepared to be fucked. I'm not talking about the outcome, although that's likely; I'm talking about electronic voting. If you find yourself in front of a touch screen instead of pulling a mechanical level or holding a paper ballot, the possibility of casting your vote for someone other than your chosen shitheel is quite real. Cue the fiasco.

If I had registed to vote, I probably would have voted for Nobody. He won in 2000, so why not give Nobody a second term?








No comments: