Thursday, June 01, 2006

Poor Tim Finnegan!

Not long before I left for work, Tim Finnegan woke up from one of his many daily naps and crawled out of the desk where he sleeps. I noticed that he was keeping his left eye closed, but not his right, which was highly unusual. I immediately called the Animal Avian Hospital and was told that I could come in right then for a veterinarian to check out my buddy ferret's ocular problem.

It turns out that Tim has a corneal ulcer. The actual cause is unknown, but the vet thinks it's due to getting his eye scratched by something or someone (i.e. Dr. Long Ghost). She commended my rapid response, noting that had I waited, the ulcer would have probably gotten worse, which could lead to the complete destruction of the eye. As it stands, everyone's favorite albino is now on a regimen of antibiotic eye drops, which have to be administered every few hours until the vet tells me otherwise. Tim goes back to Animal Avian on Saturday for a follow-up, and I'm taking Dr. Oliver Long Ghost in as well. He needs a checkup anyway.

I don't have any paid days off left at work, so this is costing me. Fuck it. I value Tim's friendship more than a job, and I'm glad I was around to notice that something was wrong with him and take care of it immediately. Mr. Finnegan's been one of my best friends- and a constant in my life- for almost five years now, so there's no way I'd let him down.

Frettchen über Alles.

No comments: