Saturday, June 03, 2006

Mixed media.

I've stayed close to home today in order to make sure I didn't miss any of Tim's scheduled antibiotic treatments. While it's an ordeal trying to administer his eye drops without any help, they seem to be working; he's not running around with his left eye shut anymore. In eight hours, I take him back to the vet for a follow-up, and Dr. Long Ghost will also make the trip for his first checkup ever. (Please don't point out my negligence, because I'm already aware of it.)

Friday was a day of reading, writing, cooking, and editing, which is to say it wasn't terribly different than most Fridays. I talked to my folks and drank German beer and wine out of my WWI canteen cup, and sat in the back of the Jeep smoking cigarettes and reading because the recent rains made my usual folding chair uninhabitable. Everything I watched on TV I'd already seen at least once, except for the commercials, which seem to reach a new level of appallingness every time I turn on the tube, so I just turned down the volume and wrote.

Tomorrow- today, whatever, y'all know my schedule- I'll probably make some brief social appearances before coming home to write more, take care of Mr. Finnegan, and wonder why I
wonder why.

No, I know the answer to that already.

Coming soon: commentary on the new Celtic Frost and Katatonia records.

No comments: