Friday, June 09, 2006

A four-letter word that you probably didn't know.

I cuss like a motherfucker (see? I honestly didn't even plan that), but there are some words that I try, and usually fail, to use exclusively in situations demanding unequivocal statements of loathing, hatred, biliousness, etc. The two that I use a little too freely, but, to be honest, not so freely I feel bad about it, are "cunt" and "twat." Neither has anything to do with the sex whose genitalia said terms are harsh aphorisms for; I'll willingly call a dude a cunt, or a dame a dick, when it's called for.

My least favorite cuss word, however, is "work." It's so ubiquitous in my vocabulary, and the vocabulary of society in general, that I and most folks don't even lump it in with other nasty words. This bothers me, especially since some people use the verb form of "work" proudly- "I work for a living," for example. Ugh. You might as well say "I cunt for a living," as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I myself am forced to cunt for a living, which caused me no end of grief.

You know, I think I'm going to start replacing "work," and probably "job" as well, with "cunt" when I'm talking to folks who won't yell at me for it- my friends, maybe some strangers, etc. How many people would begin to realize that so much of the work done in this world, and so much of the shit piled up regular people in the name of work, is utterly useless and despicable if they found themselves using the word "cunt" instead?

Mother to teenage son: "Get up! It's time for cunt!"

Abusive husband to wife: "Bitch! At least I've got a steady cunt!"

Two-dimensional Calvinist-type pastor: "Cunt is good for the soul."

Labor union leader: "Cunting families deserve better."

Corporate press release: "We regret that due to increased market pressures and other issues, we hereby announce that we will be cutting 10,000 cunts in the next two months."

Ad infinitum.

Fuck work/cunt.

It's time to go cunt on something that isn't cunt, because it doesn't alienate me and rob me of my human dignity.

No comments: