Monday, February 06, 2006

Folks, folks, beer, and Thin Lizzy

I've had a blast with my parents this weekend. Courtesy of numerous friends of mine, all of whom my folks liked and seemingly vice versa, and plenty of beer and wine (the wine mostly for my mom), there were many good conversations and pleasant afternoons/evenings since Friday. I wish mom and pops were staying longer, and that I could take off time from work to hang out with them, but I'll take what I can get. I'll see 'em this summer before they move to Bogota.

I know I've mentioned my massive appreciate for Phil Lynott and Thin Lizzy before, but last night, while driving around with Linda listening to Black Rose, said appreciation increased considerably. The man was, and still is, one of the best rock n' roll songwriters in the history of the form, lyrically and musically. I cannot recommend Thin Lizzy enough.

No comments: