Thursday, February 09, 2006

Catalyst.

Funny how shit goes down. After getting off work and shootin' the shit with Tracey for a while, I settled in with the laptop and started goofing off, not really intending to write or do much of anything other than find new patches for the denim vest I hope to invest in sometime soon (I can't wear my current hessian denim armor once the weather gets any warmer, and I don't want to swap out all my patches seasonally.) As I poked around online, I happened to stop by the site of The End Records, where I saw one word that made me drop everything to write this quick note and then get down to working on Unheimlich: Ulver.

Listening to Ulver is like reading Philip K. Dick or Bukowski: it makes me want to write. So write I shall, but not before asking something of y'all. How the fuck do I sell more copies of Axis Mundi Sum? I think my publisher's getting antsy about my complete lack of sales. If anyone has any ideas, let me know, and don't hesitate to buy my book as a gift the next time you need to give someone something for their birthday or whatever. Really, I need all the help I can get. I'm being outsold by fucking poets.

No comments: