Thursday, August 12, 2004

I've finally got internet access again, after a little less than a week of having to go to the library every now and then for a thirty-minute allotment on a computer slower than mine. I didn't really mind not being able to sit down and waste two hours here and there doing nothing on the internet; I was, however, frustrated by not being able to keep up correspondence. Now that I'm back, I think I'll try to use my time a little more wisely, by reading, writing, and so on. The internet doesn't need as much attention as I'm used to giving it.

I saw Brant Bjork and the Bros last night, and they were great. I asked Brant if he'd read any of Axis Mundi Sum, and he said yes, he'd been working on it and enjoying it. That made my night.

One more night of work, and then the week is over. Come Saturday, I'll be 25, and I intend on celebrating by taking it easy with anyone who wants to stop by the house with beer and food. I'll hopefully spend Friday writing, Saturday kickin' back, and Sunday doing some more writing, so it should be a pleasant weekend. If you want to make today a good day, read this excerpt from Tom Hodgkinson's upcoming book, and see why I wish I could find his magazine, The Idler, here in the States.

Adios, folks. If you've emailed me recently, I'll get back to you within the next couple days.


No comments: