Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I truly believe that my brother and his (most likely) defunct band, Last Eve, were a force to be reckoned with. Everytime I listen to "Remember" (click the aforementioned link and download the MP3 from the 'music' link), my soul aches, and if that's not a sign of good music, then I don't know what is. (And no, you cunts, I'm not saying this because half of the driving force behind Last Eve is/was my brother; if any of you had any taste, you'd be able to hear the song on your own and see the inherent beauty.)

I wish nothing but the best for my brother, whom I love dearly and believe has far more talent than I ever will. Axis Mundi Sum, or even Critical Hits, once it's published, will never have the emotional impact that Last Eve does have to someone who hears it with open ears. This may have to do with the difference between music and literature, but as far as I'm concerned, that's beside the point. I cannot live without both music and literature, and seeing as how one fuels the other, and vice versa, in my mind, debating the importance of one over the other is a moot fuckin' point.

I know that my brother, in all his self-deprecating genius, is destined for great things. He is an incredible human being and artist, and he deserves all the laurels that life may lay upon his head. If it came down to it, I would sacrifice my own life, and/or my own art, for his in a heartbeat.

Simply put, being able to claim Michael Scott Smith as as my brother is one of the greatest honors I can imagine. I love the boy more than life itself.

Here's to you, bro.


No comments: