Thursday, October 09, 2003

Well, payday's come and gone, and I have no Brant Bjork album. Big surprise. I tend to make grandiose statements and sabotage them later. Then again, I don't have it yet only because Sound Exchange hasn't gotten a copy yet. I'd rather buy it from them than anyone else, so I can wait.

Next time I get an offer from a publisher- and yes, there will be a next time- I'm going to make sure that I won't be doing any fucking self-promotion, save for maybe book readings. Trying to sell my book is a pain in the ass, especially since I've been on a roll with the new one and don't want to waste time contacting people who don't give a fuck, trying to talk them into buying, or at least reading, Axis Mundi Sum. I just want to work on Critical Hits. I don't want to push AMS, and I'm tempted to just say "fuck it, let it sell itself," and get on with other things.

Yeah, I just want to hole up with a carton of cigarettes, a couple cases of beer, and write for a week or two. That's all. Fuck work, fuck promoting AMS, fuck the internet... fuck it all. Very eloquent, I know, but... fuck it.

I hope Jodie gives me free beer tonight.

No comments: