Wednesday, October 01, 2003

For the first time since I can remember, I forgot to save the work on my novel this afternoon. I got to work, downloaded it from my email account, and found myself wondering "where the hell is that paragraph?" No answers were forthcoming, so I spent most of the day listening to Voivod's Dimension Hatross and Iron Maiden's newest offering, and told myself I'd write after work.

I got home. No paragraph. I've spent an inordinate amount of time trying to rewrite it as I remembered it, but the finished product (and that one paragraph is all I've done) seems to be lacking. C'est la vie.

Thanks to Jay, I've found the joys of General Protection Fault, a great piece of geeky comics. I've read two years' worth of strips in two days, and I have two more to go. Good stuff.

In seventeen hours and twenty-four minutes, I'll be taking the podium to talk about Axis Mundi Sum to a partially appreciative audience in Huntsville. Here goes nothin'.

No comments: