Monday, September 08, 2003

The other day Sara said something about me having lots of good music that I don't listen to anymore. She was right: I've got dozens of albums that I never put on. Why?

Simple answer. Most of them don't do it for me anymore. They're just not what I'm interested in at this point in my life. There are some, though, that are timeless and cross stylistic boundaries; in this particular case, I'm thinking of the now-departed Murder City Devils. I don't listen to them often, but holy shit, whenever I hear them, I know why I'd never get rid of any of their albums, much less stop listening to them. They had something that nobody else had, and that something will last forever.

Like this song that's on now, "18 Wheels." Desperation and drinking and Farfisa organ. Perfect.



No comments: