Friday, July 18, 2003

Woke up hung over for the first time in, well, a long time, and forgot that I had beer in the fridge, so I actually just waited it out. This accounts for my sluggishness, and partly for my desire to crawl back into bed (if you want to call the floor a "bed"), but not for my inability to sit here and get any writing done. That problem's been lurking around here for a while, and I hope to ambush it and beat the shit out it with a rolling barrage of new writing. Yeah, right.

As far as I'm concerned, there are three kinds of bartenders: the good, who you get to know after propping up the same bar regularly enough, the bad, and the really good. Really good bartenders aren't necessarily quick to set up a new round, nor are they always masters of mixology, but simply people you knew before they became bartenders, and therefore will give you free drinks. I finally know one of these bartenders, although she doesn't work often enough to my taste (for free booze). Here's to Jodie for the cerveza gratis.

Debo tratar de escribir aqui en espanol. No se como hacer los accentos, pero lo no importa. Necesito practicar mi espanol, si no lo olvido. Y, naturalmente, quiero ser muy pretencioso (especialmente cuando no se como deletrear, o decir, la palabra espanol que ya he usado).

No comments: