Thursday, July 10, 2003

I received the proof copy of my novel today. Aside from some serious typesetting problems, which I guarantee weren't my fault, it's utterly bizarre to hold a book in your hands that you wrote. I really have no interest in re-reading it, since I've already gone over it more times than I have brain cells (that's at least three), but damn, to see my name on a piece of paper that I didn't put text on is unreal. I just hope that people like it and buy enough copies to support my unemployment habit.

Speaking of not having a job, I need one ASAP. My finances are incredibly bad, so come Monday I'm going to spend all week hitting the streets looking for work. I despise doing so, but any income is better than none. (I don't count what the state of Texas gives me, since I haven't received a single check yet.)

Listen to Acid King, kids. "Teen Dusthead" is somethin' else.

No comments: