Wednesday, June 18, 2003

What the fuck is with every air-conditioning system I spend time enjoying? Do they all hate me? Is it a conspiracy by the beer industry to force me to drink more crisp, refreshing Lone Star and Shiner Summer Stock? Am I cursed? Whatever the case is, this is the third time in about a month that the AC has gone belly-up in my vicinity, and I'm sick of it.

Speaking of belly up, my car's followed the route of the AC. It's either the battery, the alternator, or the starter; I hope it's the battery, which would be the cheapest to fix. Naturally I found out about my car's (hopefully temporary) demise when I was going to head up and get my final paycheck from the Shutterbug. Thankfully Sara is picking it up for me, so I really don't need the car for a while. Nevertheless, it's a pain in the ass, because it's tapping cash that I don't have in order to take care of the problem.

June has been a shitty month across the board. The only redeeming thing- and this hasn't even occurred yet, so it might not even qualify as such- is that High on Fire is playing tomorrow night. Oh yeah, and my book might be available for purchase by the end of the month. To be honest, I don't expect the shit to stop hitting the fan anytime soon: God, or the City of Houston, or the Freemasons, or some other dodgy collection of suspicious bastards will inevitably intervene against me. That's always how it works.

Happy birthday to both Matthew and Leslie. Since all the relevant crooked parties already know your DOB, I'm not worried about posting it here.

No comments: