Tuesday, June 24, 2003

AC is finally getting fixed today, after almost a damned week without it. I'll believe it when I feel it, though, since this isn't the first time that the problem was supposed to be corrected. The proof copy of my novel should be in my hands very soon, along with my advance check, which will provide some brief economic respite. Once I approve the proof, my publisher tells me that Amazon.com, and hopefully other online retailers (including, of course, Invisible College Press themselves, will be good to go then as well.

Not having a job is, as expected, excellent. I'm slowly building up steam in terms of working on the new novel, and my pointless posts to this so-called "blog" are becoming more regular, which should provide some pitifully small amusement for my three readers.

Everyone should read Lord Kinross' The Ottoman Centuries, especially if you consider yourself interested in history. 150 pages in, I can barely put the damn book down.

No comments: