Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lame. And awesome.

Lame: I bought a copy of Danzig's best album, Lucifuge, earlier tonight, because I haven't had one in ages. I was highly disappointed to find out that the liner notes didn't unfold into the shape of an inverted cross, like earlier versions did. What the fuck, man?

Awesome: I also picked up Against All Authority's Nothing New For Trash Like You, which is a collection of old songs off of 7"s and such. Bill, ye oldest buddye on thee earthe, is responsible for turning me onto these dudes years ago, and ever since I lost the AAA tape he made me in '97 or so, I've missed listening to songs like "Above the Law"- the stuff on their full-lengths never quite hit the spot as much as their lesser-known material. Now I am content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought about Triple A in a long time. Now I'm gonna have to go search through my old cds. I haven't seen them since I moved up to NJ.
While I always thought AAA were good - it surprised me how popular they actually got nationwide. One of the few decent music acts out of Florida.