Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A brief fictional exchange w/real-life coda

"Time enthusiast."
"Yes, that's me."
"What does that mean, exactly?"
"Exactly what it sounds like."
"Um."
"I like time. It's my hobby."
"How can time be a hobby?"
"I enjoy it. I watch it pass. Observing time is like... bird-watching, I suppose."
"So you like seeing what happens as time passes."
"Yes, but I'm particularly fond of watching time itself."
"How can you watch time? You can only tell it's there based on its effects."
"I'm afraid that is why I am a time enthusiast and you are not."

My girlfriend and I were briefly discussing political standings the other night, and she described herself as, ideally, a "rational anarchist." Need I say what effect that statement had on me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wen did yo git a gurl frnd?
Huck,

the corpse said...

A little over a month ago.

Reveal thyself, anonymite!