Monday, December 20, 2004

I've got four separate packages heading my way, all of which have been shipped and none of which have arrived. Given that only one of these packages contains anything for myself, I am especially annoyed that none of them are here yet. The time of year probably has something to do with the tardiness of my mail, but should Friday arrive and I am still empty-handed, I am going to be very angry at the USPS and UPS.

Let's hope that people decide to lay off advertising in the Greensheet this week, at least a little bit. I don't feel like devoting much of my time and energy to work, which, of course, should come as no surprise, but people should also sit back and enjoy what passes for a Christmas holiday among non-students.

Bare-Faced Messiah, the less than glowing biography of L. Ron Hubbard, just gets more and more interesting- and incredible. The things that people will (or will not) do for a charismatic fellow man are astonishing, sometimes revoltingly so.

1 comment:

chainlinkspiral said...

the l. ron story is quite awe-inspiring indeed. i think i read the majority of it with mouth agape. Sea fleet is the shit, and by the shit, i mean goddamn. glad you're getting into it. finished critical hits last night, thanks again for the read.

i was thinking of something quite odd. In fact, it goes along with your idea of letter writing correspondence. i'll drop you another line about that later.