Sunday, July 18, 2004

Well, it's official: Realm of Chaos has to be one of Bolt Thrower's finest works. Along with ...For Victory, it's one of their most consistent albums. Of course, even when certain albums aren't solid from beginning to end, Bolt Thrower never fail to deliver. They are the 88mm of metal, punching holes in the weak armor of all others. Should I ever command an army, I will have all of my armored divisions outfitted with grotesquely loud sound systems which will blare Bolt Thrower at 300 decibels. If my superior firepower (said tanks will have fucking 12-inch naval guns as their primary cannon) doesn't win the day, then my foes will flee in fear of the mighty Bolt Thrower.

Bolt Thrower, who are anti-war, probably wouldn't appreciate this, but they have to be aware that their music is the sonic equivalent of a tank division rolling through no-man's land.

No comments: