Sunday, July 04, 2004

I have to thank the International Channel for pickin' me up last night. Around nine I hit the couch with some cold wine and had the pleasure of watching what is now one of my favorite kung fu flicks, Buddhist Fist. See this movie as soon as you can, especially if you like a bit of humor with your chop-socky. It's got bad-ass fight scenes, tons of item-fu, a recognizable plot, a creepy hunchback, shabby-looking cigarettes, hardcore old monks, a crafty xiang qi player, an unstoppably lazy but fierce temple guard, and hilarious dialogue. (It was dubbed, which I usually don't like, but it added to the comedy.)

I'm also writing again. What'll come of it, I don't know, but it doesn't matter. Life ain't too bad, dude.

"Left hand Buddha Palm, right hand Buddha Fist!"
"Sleeping Buddha!"
"Drunken Buddha!"
"Furious Buddha!"

Yeah, life is fuckin' sweet. Especially since I just found a bunch of Buddhist Fist .wav files!

No comments: