Tuesday, December 09, 2003

I, HYPOCRITE

I was going to bitch about how over-hyped "blogs" are (I still recoil at the taste of that word in my mouth), but then I realized that I'm writing one. Ha ha ha.

Funny how a couple measly years can change terminology so rapidly, and how internet-obsessives can turn a sea of yammering bullshit into a supposedly democratic institution. Fact is, the vast majority of "blogs," mine included, are pap, whether or not the "blogger" in question owns a cell phone-cum-camera or a shitty Pentium II. (I was going to say 386, but I'm not aiming for retro cred.)

And now, for a slightly less hypocritical finale...

"How unreasonable people are! They never use the freedoms they have but demand those they do not have; they have freedom of thought- they demand freedom of speech." -Kierkegaard

No comments: