Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Resettlement.

It's been quiet, yeah, but Smith's been busy, at least by Smith's standards. New job is going mighty well. Writing's slower than I'd hoped for, but it's coming along, and I can almost guarantee that I'll be done with Unheimlich, though probably only the first draft, by the end of the year, when me and the other Christmas orphans assemble to commiserate and try to make the most of the Yuletide. Lots of reading going on, including Danielewski's newest, Only Revolutions, and Christian theology via Søren "that's what D.A. will name his son if he ever has one, God have mercy on the lad's soul, but not because of his namesake, but rather his misfortune at being D.A.'s son" Kierkegaard, Simone Weil, and the Book of Luke.

APE SHALL NOT KILL APE
SLAY THE WRATH OF MAN!

Listen to Cathedral, you wretched things. Even if you don't take my infallible musical advice, I love you nonetheless.

-D.A.S.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I picked up Only Revolutions tonight.

Anytime the publisher has to have a suggested reading style, you know the book is fucked up.