Saturday, November 26, 2005

"It's a trap!"

I spent Thanksgiving Day and Friday in the Hill Country, a region of Texas that I've passed through but never lingered in, and damn, was it a good time. Scott, Tracey, and I stayed at her folks' house in Fredericksburg, played dominoes, drank beer with family affiliates, shot the shit, attended the excellent "Island Assault: 1944" program put on by reenactors from the Pacific War Museum, and closed out our trip at a ranch owned by a friend of Tracey's, who was a good dude and very much reminded me of a character that would've fit into Cryptonomicon.

Getting out of Houston and having a blast was good for me, especially after the shitty week I'd had up until we hit the road. Soon, I'll get to see Peter, Matt, and Sara, drink some more beer, and still have Sunday to kick back and maybe do some writing. Hope still shines.

np: Slough Feg, Atavism

No comments: