Friday, January 16, 2004

I'm not cut out to write about any sort of social, cultural, artistic, political, religious, or philosophical currents in the world. Why? Because someone else always beats me to it, or, in many cases, I'm not suitably compelled by the goings-on of my fellow humans to throw together a written analysis of what they're doing and why. Note that I didn't say I'm not interested; it's just that I'm not interested enough to write about it, except in the form of fiction. Oh, yeah, I'm also not a particularly good nonfiction writer. I find it difficult to verbalize the occasions when I do feel that I have a grasp on the way some aspect of the world is moving.

Of course, if someone were to offer me money and perhaps paid travel expenses, I'd be more than happy to write about something going on outside my own limited sphere of influence. Ain't gonna happen, though.

Why do so many people continue to get humanities and arts degrees, when they know damn well by their sophomore year that said degrees are usually economically worthless? This is something to look into. Gimme your two cents' worth, assuming you have two cents to spare, my fellow broke-ass, miserable, liberal arts fucktards.

No comments: